Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Review of Veera Zara


Okay, I watched the movie Last Night(16 November). I wont say if its good or bad, all i will say is that i didnt mind it and in fact enjoyed bits of it. There are a number of surprises in the film the first and the best is Amitabh Bachchan and Hema Malini cast as Chaudhery Sumer Singh and his Madrasan(that is what Sumer calls his wife!not me) wife as Shah Rukh's guardians. Another strangely fascinating element was what I call the masochistic element in the film which drive the plot forward. Honestly, I thought my fascination for Yash Chopra's brand of film making was long over. I have to say that the yash chopra school has not evolved since DDLJ and whats worse there are strong things in this movie which will remind you of DDLJ. I have nothing to say about the lead characters, nothing extra-ordinary.








*Shah Rukh Khan, Preity Zinta, Rani Mukherjee,Amitabh Bachchan, Hema Malini, Manoj Bajpai....

No comments: